[Sca-cooks] Sorry for the bandwith

Debra Tonjes dethriel at optonline.net
Thu Mar 20 07:03:46 PST 2003

*pauses to pull of Lurker Cloak*

Granted, and you have a good point...but I am personally uncomfortable with
modern Middle Eastern politics and suchlike discussed on the SCA-*Cooks*
list...

*pulls Lurker Cloak back on*

Althea

> But I really think SCA should be an important forum for discussing Middle
East. SCA recreates the Middle Ages and the Croisades were Middle Ages
biggest "event", a search for a new identity, an encounter between East and
West, between the heirs of Greece and Rom and the new Barbarian tribes who
went assmilated.
> How much of food and lifestyle from the Middle East come in i Europe
through the Croisades? The "event" who started as a military confrontation
and a war transformed the world into the world we have today.