[Sca-cooks] Give me MINT!

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Mar 25 21:33:49 PST 2003

Rigualluan asked:
> Been meaning to come out of lurking and ask this, but
> does anyone have any recipies that are eavy on mint?
> Preferably not peppermint.  I'll take anything, mint
> means more to me than chocolate (except mint
> chocolate)

Are you familar with the Persian mint drink, Sekanjabin? While there are a
wide variety of similar drinks, the versions using mint seem to be the most
popular in the SCA, perhaps because of Master Cariadoc's evangalizing it.

jalabs-msg        (64K)  7/22/02    Drinks with a sugar or honey-syrup base such
                                       as Sekanjabin (Persian Mint Drink).
http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/jalabs-msg.html

You might also try this file in the PLANT, HERBS ABD SPICES section. I seem to
remember catnip and other mints being discussed before.
herbs-msg        (120K)  1/19/01    Herbs used in period and how they were
used. Modern sources.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/herbs-msg.html

You might also go to the top of the Florilegium site and use the search engine there. That may turn up a number of recipes. Whether they are heavy enough on the mint for you, you will have to decide.

Stefan
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com