[Sca-cooks] Dayboard anxieties

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 27 08:57:01 PST 2003

Brighid writes:

> I still need some protein for the vegans, who will not eat eggs and cheese.

Check out the Flori-Thingie of course:
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/beans-msg.html

Including a recipe from Platina that seems for all the world like good old refritos, with fava beans of course rather than pinto beans.  OK so I don't put figs in my refried beans but might try it sometime.

Fried Broad Beans
     Platina p. 115 (book 7)

Put broad beans that have been cooked and softened into a
frying pan with soft fat, onions, figs, sage, and several pot herbs, or else
fry them well rubbed with oil and, on a wooden tablet or a flat surface,
spread this into the form of a cake and sprinkle spices over it.

Selene Colfox