[Sca-cooks] Dayboard anxieties

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Mar 27 09:23:18 PST 2003

> > Brighid, you will do fine. There is LOTS of food here. No one
> > is going to go hungry.
>
>  I think I'm more worried about having enough of individual items.  ("I
>didn't even get a taste of sausage"! or "The meat's all weird stuff
>except for the chicken, and I hate chicken...")

Now I really wish I could be there! Anyone who acts like that is a whiner.
Fortunately, there are usually only a small handful of whiners of that
type. If someone is that picky an eater, let them hie themselves to the
dayboard in the first hour. As long as you have enough of everything to
last for the first hour (which you do!), and enough in every category to
last for the first 2-3 hours (which you do!), and there's plenty of food,
they don't have a leg to stand on.

There are a small handful of fighters (and sometimes fencers) who insist
they can't eat before fighting, they can't eat cheese or eggs, they can't
eat this and they can't eat that-- which comes down to wanting cold roast
beef waiting for them at 4 pm when they fall over from hypoglycemia. :)
Don't worry about them: they surivive War Camp, they'll survive this.

> > The only thing you have left to worry about is having servers
> > to dole it out in smallish quantities, and it will be fine.
> I have several volunteers, including my lord.

BTW, cut the sausage into small but not too small (1-3 inch) pieces, it
will go farther.