[Sca-cooks] Almond paste scare!

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 27 12:57:09 PST 2003

>Caitlin of Enniskillen wrote:
>
> > Is there any way to get almond paste online?
>
>http://www.bluediamond.com/shop/nuts/index.cfm
>Baker's Almond Paste  7lb can  $25.95
>Baker's Almond Paste  (Case of 3 cans)  $73.95
>
>Olwen, how do these prices compare with your
>restaurant supply store?

Mmmm...never tried Baker's brand so I cann't tell you about quality and
taste.  Most that I've tasted are not nearly as good as the brand I use.
The price isn't that far off.  Last I checked it was $21.11 for a 7 pound
can but the cases were four or six, can't remember.  I will be going over in
a few days to pick some up and will let you know if there is a big price
switch.  Jetro's was nice enough to drop off a $20.00 gift certificate at
Alainnes house and we are going to use that to put toward buying a case of
it.  I'd rather not go through that "we're out" scare again anytime soon.
Olwen who is surprised the very talented Selene cann't make aged parmasean
in three hours ;)