[Sca-cooks] Ideal cookbook collection?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Mar 27 21:56:04 PST 2003

Patches <slpatch at mfire.com> asked:
> For our wedding we recieved an enormous amount of gift certificates for
> Border's, Walden's, B. Dalton and Amazon. (guess our friends know us that
> well!!)
>
> We know just what to get with some of them - but are having trouble deciding
> on the perfect selection of period cookbooks - some I know are really good,
> some plain awful, and I'm not yet at a level to always know which is which at
> a glance!
>
> Doesn't matter if these sellers do/do not stock them; go wild!
Well, I'm not sure how many of these will be available from those venders but sometimes medieval cookbooks do show up, at least for a time.

Check some of these files in the FOOD-BOOKS section of the Florilegium.
Particularly the first file below:

cookbooks-bib     (40K)  6/ 9/01    Cookbook bib. by Mistress Jaelle of Armida.

  (I have an additional, large update for this file. I just haven't gotten it
online yet)

books-food-msg   (118K)  5/ 9/02    Books about food. Not cookbooks.

cookbooks2-bib    (14K) 10/ 3/97    Cookbook bibliography by Stephen Bloch.
cookbooks3-bib    (20K) 10/14/98    Cookbook bibliography by Lady Allison.
cb-novices-msg    (13K) 10/14/98    Cookbooks for those new to medieval cooking.
cookbooks-SCA-msg (27K)  9/29/00    Cookbooks written by people in the SCA.
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com