[Sca-cooks] Deep Fried Pickles

Heleen Greenwald heleen at ptdprolog.net
Thu Mar 27 15:47:19 PST 2003

I just came across this recipe and I can't help but share it.... what do y'all think?
Phillipa

Deep Fried Pickles

      1   cup cornmeal
      2   eggs, beaten
      2 1/4   cups flour
      1   cup milk
      1   tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
      1/2   teaspoon Tabasco sauce
      1   teaspoon salt
      3/4   teaspoon pepper
      1/4   teaspoon garlic powder
      3/4   teaspoon cayenne pepper
      1   quart sliced dill pickles
      vegetable oil
      salt
      pepper

1. Combine 2 eggs, 1/4 cup flour, milk, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder; stirring well; set aside.

2. Combine cornmeal, 2 cups flour, salt, and pepper, and mix well.

3. Dip drained pickles into milk mixture and dredge in flour mixture.

4. Deep fry at 350 degrees until golden brown.

5. Drain, salt and pepper to taste.

6. Also works great with pepperoncinis!

--
[ Clear Day Bkgrd.jpg of type image/jpeg deleted ]