[Sca-cooks] Fricatellae (was: Deep Fried Pickles)

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 31 10:18:18 PST 2003

Elizabeth wrote:

> Selene Colfax described something as similar to a Fricatella of
> Platina's and Stefan asked:
>
> >So, what is the recipe for these Fricadella? And does anyone have a good
> >redaction for these?
>
> Fricatella is Platina's word for fritter. He's writing in Latin and
> spends a paragraph or two, as I remember, justifying making up a
> "Latin" word for fritter. He has a lot of different ones; we've got a
> few worked-out recipes in the Miscellany. I'm pretty sure he doesn't
> have any pickle fricatellae.
>
> Elizabeth/Betty Cook

Well YES I know that, but I have a vague memory that somewhere near the
beginning of the section on fritters in Book VIII says something about how
you can take other different foods and fry them like this.  The usual muddle
when I'm at work and my books are at home.  Wish some version of Platina or
Epelario were online in English to check.  Sigh.

Selene Colfox