[Sca-cooks] Non-chocolate treats

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Mon Mar 31 16:47:35 PST 2003

In a message dated 3/31/2003 12:04:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com writes:

> How are key lime and lemon meringue pie similar? Key lime has no meringue,
> and has a custard base. All the lemon meringue I've ever had was a
> cornstarch base, no eggs.

Caveat - I don't know how to make either one.  To me, they seem similar, with
a custardy sort of base part and a light whipped egg whitey something on top.
 Maybe the stuff on top of a Key Lime pie isn't meringue, but it certainly
seems to be to me.

Apparently, from reading other posts, Key Lime pie as made in the Keys
doesn't have meringue on it.  I think I may have had it in the Keys once,
when I was about 10...my definition of "Good" Key Lime pie is that it has the
graham cracker crust, the custard base, and the meringue top, as opposed to
the version I had once which was lime sherbert in a regular pie crust with
whipped cream on top...

Brangwayna

Brangwayna