[Sca-cooks] Use of the term "remove"

Darren Gasser kaos at earthlink.net
Mon May 12 11:42:34 PDT 2003

Forgive me if this is a FAQ, but I searched the Usual Sources and couldn't find the answer.

Recently, someone on the list mentioned that the term "remove" wasn't correct in period for describing a set of dishes served at the same time.  Could someone please point me to some further explanation of how multi-dish courses were described in period and how and when the term "remove" evolved?

Thanks much.

-Lorenz