[Sca-cooks] and geeks answered!

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon May 12 12:18:24 PDT 2003

Ok- good news. After wrestling with it all night and getting no response
(not even in DOS) I managed to get it through a scandisk on the umpteenth
try. It repaired some errors, didn't others. BUT IT OPENED the next time I
tried! A brief look-over and it looks like I lost about two pages out of
50. I think I can reconstruct them (but damn- I'd just re-written that
section and it was like inlaywork- seamless. I was proud of it. *sigh*)

I saved it on the C drive (cause this floppy is going in the trash!) and I
guess it's back to work for the repair crew. URGH.

Thanks to everyone who sent in suggestions! I helped to have ideas from
fresh directions!

And I'm thankful I don't have to copy it longhand. :-/

'Lainie