[Sca-cooks] A doubly sad loss for Atenveldt

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon May 19 13:13:41 PDT 2003

The Kingdom of Atenveldt is losing two shining stars of cookery.
Ly. Mordonna has been an enthusiastic ambassador of period cooking
and the still fledgling Aten Cook's guild for many years. She never
hesitated to put down what she was doing to come to the aid
of any cook. Her thirst for knowledge and love of cooking has been
an inspiration for cooks for years.

We are losing her to care for her ailing father. Not only is Atenveldt
losing a prize but so is the Society because this is going to be a
full-time endeavor for her. I hope we can see her again someday.

The other loss is from Mistress Branwyn. A brilliant cook and godly
calligrapher/illuminator, she and her family are moving back to their
native Australia. Her skill, grace and humor will be greatly missed.

Atenveldt will be a sadder place with the loss of two such inspirations.
The only bright spot is the legacy they both leave behind them. They
have each added something to this kingdom and, like the ancient
oak that has passed, their seeds will spread and create a forest in
their absence.

Gunthar