[Sca-cooks] Bah! Humbug!! - icing work...

Susan Laing paxford at gil.com.au
Fri May 23 06:31:30 PDT 2003

Hi Ho The List!

Sorry - long time no posting (real life got in the way again)

Anyway... I'm up tonight (it's 11.22pm here) trying to do a cute-sy
floodwork icing motif for a friends birthday cake.

Being the vague but irrepressible person that I am (no comments from the
peanut gallery Drakey ;-p) I decided to do this without really thinking it
through... (I've read books on it in the past and figured it didn't look
*that* hard)...

Anyway I have now got the basic outline of a Cavalier Teddy Bear - colours
are setting nicely - I'll add in the facial details with a lick of darker
icing later - along with the silver sugar ball rapier)  and am thinking that
maybe doing this on baking paper might not have been the smartest move (my
plan was to make it up and then transfer it to an oval of set marzipan and
thence onto the chocolate cake at the party....)

Anybody know how I detatch it from the Baking Paper???

Mari
(currently making herself sick on Royal Icing... Mmmmmm....)

Mari de Paxford
(aka Sue Laing)
http://www.livejournal.com/users/paxford/