[Sca-cooks] RESOURCE: History of Beer Additives

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri May 30 10:51:49 PDT 2003

Forward as appropriate.

I have just recieved via ILL an article:

Behre, Karl-Ernst. "The History of Beer Additives in Europe-- a review,"
Vegetation history and archaeobotany, v. 8, no. 1-2 (1999), p. 35-48.

This has an extensive discussion of hops and archaeological evidence for
hops and sweet gale, with maps, lists of other plant species used for beer
flavouring, and plants used for medicinal beers.

(Note: My copy is a very poor reproduction but still clear enough to
read.)

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Our whole American way of life is a great war of ideas, and librarians
are the arms dealers selling weapons to both sides." -- James Quinn