[Sca-cooks] Where the heck is everyone? (was Marzipan sauce anyone?)

Susan Laing paxford at gil.com.au
Sat May 31 23:35:03 PDT 2003

Spake the Olwen...

>Speaking of the list, where the heck is everyone?  It has been quiet as
dead mice here.  On all my >lists as a matter of fact.  Wazzup?
>Olwen

Am here - but been a bit busy - sorry!

Am currently in the midst of finishing off some banners for the upcoming
"Brisbane Medieval Faire" - which is a multi-group (SCA & Metal weapons &
some out of period groups) kind of mini- Ren-faire and it's on next weekend
in Brisbane, Queensland Australia.  I'm on the organising committee for it
this year and kind of run off my feet at the moment. (I get to be "Go-fer
Girl" for the two days it's on - you know - "Go for this..."  "Go for
that"... Spies Pretty Man in tights.... "Go fer him" :-p

And coming up at the end of the month is a luncheon I'm organising for the
Parde Armes being held to celebrate the birthday of the Baroness of St
Florian de la Riviere.  Lots of finger food on the menu and hopefully with
an iced sotiltie or two (now that I've learnt how to harden icing in the
oven overnight - thanks to Selene & Margaret's help with that - now if I
could only learn to be more naturally artistic :-p).

The park do is sans equipment although I was eyeing off a mini propane
cooker that the local Backpackers shop has for sale - I'm making some
meatballs for it and think it would be nice to have them served warm
(keeping in mind it's winter in Australia at the moment).  Has anyone had
experience in using these or should I stick to my original idea of borrowing
either a fondue set or a gas kit??

Mari de Paxford
(aka Sue Laing)
http://www.livejournal.com/users/paxford/