Kids and handfastings- was Re: [Sca-cooks] Pennsic

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu May 1 12:55:52 PDT 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Gee... aren't they a little *old* for that? Out of their teens-
practically
> drying on the vine!
>
> (Don't get me started on handfastings. I'm trying to _lower_ my blood
> pressure.)
>
> 'Lainie

Well, the whole gig was pretty funny, now that I'm not dealing with it. Our
scullery crew were pretty young, and fairly stable, but they were involved
with other youngsters, all in the 18-25 age range, including one young lady
whom I've known since she was a kid making money hauling ice, several
Pennsics ago. She not only freaked at the thought my Lord and I were having
an active relationship, but was bragging about the baby she'd had during the
previous year, out of wedlock (which is no big deal), but which is stayling
with the father's parents because the parents can't support it. and she and
the father were lovey-dovey, gonna handfast  one minute, and splitting up,
never to speak to each other again the next.

Finally told her that we might be too old for sex, but at least we knew what
we were doing- neither one of us had accidently gotten pregnant with a baby
we couldn't support ;-)

Phlip

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,