Kids and handfastings- was Re: [Sca-cooks] Pennsic

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu May 1 17:44:03 PDT 2003

At 03:55 PM 5/1/03 -0400, you wrote:

>Well, the whole gig was pretty funny, now that I'm not dealing with it. Our
>scullery crew were pretty young, and fairly stable, but they were involved
>with other youngsters, all in the 18-25 age range, including one young lady
>whom I've known since she was a kid making money hauling ice, several
>Pennsics ago. She not only freaked at the thought my Lord and I were having
>an active relationship, but was bragging about the baby she'd had during the
>previous year, out of wedlock (which is no big deal), but which is stayling
>with the father's parents because the parents can't support it. and she and
>the father were lovey-dovey, gonna handfast  one minute, and splitting up,
>never to speak to each other again the next.

Great. Serious impulse-control issues. And we allow them to drive... :-P

>Finally told her that we might be too old for sex, but at least we knew what
>we were doing- neither one of us had accidently gotten pregnant with a baby
>we couldn't support ;-)

Stop that. You are not too old. You are never to old to love and be loved
and frankly, these kids will never learn until they grow up, but it gets
better the older you are- and is worth waiting for.

(Even better with whipped cream! <--- See Papa! Food content!) ;-D) ;-D)

'Lainie