Kids and handfastings- was Re: [Sca-cooks] Pennsic

Susan Laing paxford at gil.com.au
Fri May 2 06:45:28 PDT 2003

Spake the wise one...
>...there IS no upper limit, as long as there's interest...

Oh thank heavens - then there's still hope for me yet! (36 in two days time
and going through a total romance drought)

Food related - One of the few dishes that wasn't a success in our Festival
encampment was "Chickpeas in Saffron" (roman recipe from Mark Grant's book I
believe [will give forth details later when I can find the book amidst my
messy nest]).  The chickpeas had been pre-soaked and cooked up tender , the
saffron was just right, they were truely nummy but no-one wanted to try
them. (it's been suggested that they are all only used to green peas and
thought something evil had occured to them).

Any suggestions on how to introduce this dish around?  Normally these people
will have a go at just about anything that stands still.

Mari de Paxford
(aka Sue Laing)
http://www.livejournal.com/users/paxford/