[Sca-cooks] OT: Cooking software

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Sat May 3 11:53:09 PDT 2003

At 10:20 AM 5/3/2003,WyteRayven at aol.com said something like:
>I am looking for some inexpensive cooking software that will convert
>things for me.
>
>What I would like to do is be able to plug in a recipe and change the
>amount of servings either up or down and have it convert how much I need
>of the ingredients. Now I know this is lazy, but math has never been my
>strong point, and I get things wrong to often.
>
>I have seen brewing software that does this, but does anyone know of any
>cooking software?
>
>I have master cook, but it doesnt seem to do that. I havent been too
>impressed with it so far, but I havent used it much either.
>
>Ilia

Mealmaster will do that for you.

It's a freeware setup, available at:
http://home1.gte.net/welliver/

I used it for years before I found Master Cook, and frankly, I'm still not
terribly impressed with Master Cook. The interface on it is way too clunky.

Mealmaster is a DOS application, but, it works!!  You can scale recipes up
and down, produce shopping lists, all that stuff.

Regards,
Maggie MacD.