RE. [Sca-cooks] Trying chickpeas

Susan Laing paxford at gil.com.au
Sat May 3 17:10:59 PDT 2003

Johnnae llyn Lewis scribed...
>Maybe you need to call them something other than chickpeas and saffron --
well no calling them
>Erebinthoi Knakosymmigeis isn't quite that easy either which is what Mark
Grant calls them.
>I see-- how about calling them Athenaeus' Partying Professor's Saffron
Peas? (You have to see >how the source is listed to get this joke.)
>Do you suppose that would sell the dish?

OH dear!! - and tell them that they should all enjoy the "Plump in their
golden goodness"???

Giggle... I can *JUST* picture how a Greek joke would go down with these
people (they'd look shocked and give me funny looks cause they are all
extremely straight and prim & proper)

(my word file on this is on my work computer and I'll send it from there -
Greek quotes & all - when I go back to work next tuesday after my month off
on leave :-p)

Mari de Paxford
(aka Sue Laing)
http://www.livejournal.com/users/paxford/