[Sca-cooks] OOP Pumpkin Juice:was Harry Potter

Robert Downie rdownie at mb.sympatico.ca
Sun May 4 20:15:45 PDT 2003

There was a posting sometime ago about how to make it from a fresh pumpkin.  I
can't remember the proceedure exactly, but I think it involved cutting a small
piece off the top of a pumpkin and scooping out the seeds, then filling it with
a sugar water mixture and letting it rest in a cool dark place for a month or
so, topping up with sugar and/or water as needed.  If I find the actual
reference again, I'll post it.

Other recipes include:

Pumpkin Juice (off the web)
2 cups diced pumpkin
2 cups apple juice
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 cup pineapple juice

 Juice the pumpkin and add the pumpkin juice to the pineapple and apple juice.
 Add honey and blend in a blender. Serve iced.

Pumpkin Juice (can't remember which book I found this in)
Cut one fresh pumpkin in half and scoop ou the seeds.  Put both halves on a
greased cookie sheet cut side down and bake at 350* for up to 1 hour.  Check it
after the first half hour.  Let cool, and scrape ou the pumpkin meat, cut it
into chunks and put it through the juicer.  Add honey and apple juice to taste.
(this recipe contributed by Shayla O'Reilly, 10 years old)

Faerisa
(Can ya tell I'm a fan?)