Green and yellow foods- was Re: [Re: Kids and handfastings- was Re: [Sca-cooks] Pennsic]

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue May 6 06:16:22 PDT 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Speaking of green and yellow foods, we are making up some green and yellow
> peas pottage really thick then making some checker boards as part of the
> first course at Garb Wars.  The pieces will be carrot and turnip rounds.
> Trying to figure out if we can brand them somehow or stamp them with a
> design in food colour.
> Olwen

Well, what I would do, is shape a piece of metal into a design, a "brand" if
you will, heat it, and brand the pieces. Should be easy enough to do or have
done if anyone nearby does any sort of smithing. If I'd known sooner, I
could have made you up something.

Phlip

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,