[Sca-cooks] OT: Harry Potter

Jeff.Gedney at Dictaphone.com Jeff.Gedney at Dictaphone.com
Tue May 6 07:26:56 PDT 2003

> I have got to find a decent recipe for butterbeer- the ones I've seen
> basically have you pouring melted butter into root beer. *Gag* Apparently
> it is mildly alcoholic (my guess is 3%). Don't the Tibetans have
something
> made out of butter that is about that strong? Or am I misremembering?

Excuse me...
Isn't this more likely to be a kind of fizzy fermented "soda" made from a
butterscotch type syrup?

Seems to me that the direct pun on "butterscotch" and "butterbeer" is the
intended derivation.

So get some nice quality butterscotch candies, boil them into some water,
let it cool, add a little yeast and bottle.
Perhaps add someting to promote "head" retention...

Does it have to be more complicated than that?

Brandu