[Sca-cooks] Beer was OT: Harry Potter

Darren Gasser kaos at earthlink.net
Tue May 6 09:58:50 PDT 2003

Leah A. Montgomery wrote:
> What's this Budwieser that you speak of? I've never heard of it. Oh,
> wait, isn't that the stuff that the common folk drink? Actually, I
> think it's about 5 or 6%. (??)

Very close.  4.9% ABV.

I don't know where the whole myth about "all American beers are 3.2" came
from in the first place.  I know a few states had (have?) silly laws about
alcohol content of beer, but most don't.  The majority of our local beers
here in the Northern reaches of Caid are in the mid 5s, and several are over
7%.

Then there's the various brewers' guilds, homebrew clubs, and Silly Tricks
With Champagne Yeast...

-Lorenz