[Sca-cooks] Beer was OT: Harry Potter

Leah A. Montgomery mog_bane at hotmail.com
Tue May 6 13:54:49 PDT 2003

I might be able to help explain where that myth came from, a little bit. In
Kansas, where I used to live, all beer sold in grocery stores was 3.2%,
anything sold in liquor stores was higher. I am sure with the strange liquor
laws here in Texas that there is something like that here as well. We can
have a completely dry county next to a completely wet county, or at least
that's the way it was about 8-10 years ago before I moved down. In the
county we live in, we have to belong to a club to drink at a bar, or even in
a restaraunt. So they hand out these "memberships" for the restaraunt that
is accepted in all other bars and restaraunts in the county. We can go down
the street about a block or two and not worry about it. We are on the county
border.

Leah A. Montgomery
SCA: Mahvash bint Wahib al Marakeshi called Samira
Head of Byat Al Hirrar
mog_bane at hotmail.com
ICQ#: 83404701