[Sca-cooks] Re: new book rev'd in PPC 72

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue May 6 16:21:06 PDT 2003

This is what I posted earlier about it--

I have since purchased the Roy Strong title and I do like it.
I am in the process of doing a review on it for MEM.

Johnnae llyn Lewis   Johnna Holloway

Subject:
            [Sca-cooks] British Food History book
       Date:
            Wed, 08 Jan 2003 12:23:02 -0500
      I came across the title last fall, but I have not yet seen
a copy or ordered it. It's up at http://www.amazon.co.uk
in case people want to see and read what little information
there is. Also another new one out over there is Roy Strong's
Feast: A History of Grand Eating.

 Strong's book is reviewed at:
http://books.guardian.co.uk/reviews/history/0,6121,804071,00.html
Spencer's is reviewed at:
http://books.guardian.co.uk/reviews/houseandgarden/0,6121,823526,00.html
Tom Jaine of PPC does the Spencer review.

36.00 pounds sterling for the two plus shipping from Amazon.
Ah yes, interesting books and the dollar is down. The joys of
bookbuying from abroad. Buy now or hope dollar goes up??? Decisions???