[Sca-cooks] Beer was OT: Harry Potter

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Wed May 7 04:24:23 PDT 2003

Also sprach aeduin:
>--
><bad imagery alert>
>I thought it was Coors after the Clydesdales got through with it.
>
>AEduin

Actually, both Bud _and_ Coors are the result of marketing pressures
[beer being pushed as a "womens' drink" during WWII when most
factories had a high proportion of female workers] gone wild. Both
are effin' close to water, and it is a matter of individual taste
whether you prefer beer brewed with rice <shudder>, which a lot of
people, worldwide, either do, or don't mind, anyway.

Unfortunately, the simple reality is that populations often have bad
beer (and in some cases bad food) because they either prefer it or
have accepted it as a compromise. If there were no market for it it
wouldn't exist; sneer at Bud all you want, but you (a generic you)
are a functional minority.

Adamantius