[Sca-cooks] OT: Harry Potter

Robert Downie rdownie at mb.sympatico.ca
Wed May 7 13:57:54 PDT 2003

We get the Brithish version in Canada, I also prefer the cover art on the Brithish
version.  I think the Scholastic people are missing out on an opportunity to enrich
American children's learning (cultural as well as linguistic).  All they would need
to do is provide a glossary of unfamiliar terms at the back of the book and kids
could look up the definitions themselves.  Although I suppose that ship has
sailed...

Faerisa

Susan Fox-Davis wrote: However