[Sca-cooks] OOP foodie joke....

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu May 8 05:16:48 PDT 2003

Also sprach Laura C. Minnick:
>At 10:17 PM 5/7/03 -0600, you wrote:
>>Saw this in the paper today, and just had to share....
>>--maire, already ducking for the Rock....
>>
>>Q: "What goes 'snap, crackle, pop, bam! snap, crackle, pop, bam! snap,
>>crackle, pop, bam!'?"
>>
>>A: Emeril, making cereal......
>
>And here I thought he was Betty and Barney's little hellion...
>
>'Lainie
>-up way too late. Morning, Adamantius.:-)

For a while we had a long series of local fighting practices that
sounded like some kind of cartoon. I had been noticing it for some
time. My Viceroy has a laugh that sounds just a bit like a cartoon
chicken. At the time, our local knight-marshal laughed like Woody
Woodpecker (at camping events they, along with a third local, snored
in dubious harmony like the Three Stooges, but that's another issue).
We also had a duke in the next barony over, who used to come
regularly to our fight practices; he used to spend a lot of time
telling stories about his and others' military exploits, punctuated
with sound effects. Loud sound effects.

VICEROY [laughing]: "SQUAWK SQUAWK CHARAWK!!!
KNIGHT-MARSHAL: "Heh-heh-heh HEHH-heh!!!"
ME: "Jeez! It sounds like a cartoon around here. All we need is Dino."
ANOTHER LOCAL: "What do you mean?"
DUKE SIR X: "BAM! BAM! BAMBAMBAM!!!"
ME [sotto voce, falsetto]: "Aarh rar rar rar rar!!!"
OTHER LOCAL: "I see what you mean..."

Adamantius (who doesn't say "Bam" while cooking, but does say, "Hit
it, Pearl!" and do The Church Lady's Superiority Dance occasionally
when something comes out just right)