[Sca-cooks] Lemon Beer

Anne duBosc anne_du_bosc at yahoo.com
Sat May 10 05:26:11 PDT 2003

Sorry, Gunthar, but the closest I can find is from the Rialto, not the Cooks List, and it isn't period, and has raisins in it: Anyway, "sima" is a traditional drink in Finland, a sort of mild
alcoholic lemonade with (I think) raisins in it. I do not know that it is
period. (How about it, Jokke? Did Iso-Aiti teach me right?)
"Zima" is a flavored malt beverage, kind of like those bottled alcoholic drinks
marketed as "coolers," which bear a faint resemblance to the "wine coolers" of
a decade ago except that they're no longer made with wine. (Not an
improvement, in my opinion; there's a bitter aftertaste.)
Carolyn Priest-Dorman Thora Sharptooth
Poughkeepsie, NY Frosted Hills ("where's that?")
priest at vassar.edu East Kingdom (for now....)
Gules, three square weaver's tablets in bend Or