[Sca-cooks] OT: Harry Potter

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sun May 11 18:55:56 PDT 2003

At 07:09 PM 5/11/03 EDT, you wrote:
>--
>In a message dated 5/9/2003 6:53:59 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>adamantius.magister at verizon.net writes:
>
>> "What is the name of the Hungarian magic school in the fourth
>> Harry Potter book," he sat up in bed and said, "Durmstrang!"
>>

>I thought Durmstrang was in the far north somewhere, isn't it?  Hungary is
>definitely not "far north".

I'm pretty sure they are in Germany/Eastern Europe/Russia. The names are
from that direction, and Krum was playing seeker for the Bulgarians.

Foodwise- I thought it was funny that Madame Maxime complained about the
food at Hogwartr, and she was gaining weight! Huh! They must be eating
fancy nouvelle cuisine at Beaux-Batons, with teeny portions, and not
traditional "Add lots of butter and cream and cheese to it!" French fare (I
have a 1964 Julia Child, and that's my take on it!)

And the guys from Durmstrang tuck in and chow down like they've never seen
food before...

'Lainie
-feeling oobly because I finally got back into my little silk wrap skirt!