[Sca-cooks] OT Tornados

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon May 12 07:28:32 PDT 2003

I saw this when I finally signed on after being over at Kalamazoo
for the Medieval Congress. I took Saturday and Sunday off for
Patrick's birthday and Mother's day and to do things around the house.
(They loaded the dishwasher and never ran it. Also they cooked hamburgers
but didn't cook the sirloin strips I left. I would have thought that the
strips
would have been easier. Men and or teenagers. Patrick is 13 now.)

Well, gee-- what does one say? I guess it's about time to retire and move
from Oklahoma. I hope you manage to get things arranged and repaired.
You two have not had a good month what with the baby and now the storm.
I hope he's doing better and gaining weight.

We had for years when I was growing up three tornados run along one section of
route 36
in Central Illinois. It seemed like every Douglas County storm did that path
for years. People stayed and rebuilt roofs after every blast. I keep thinking
I will hear from Illinois that we have lost tin off the barn down there. Kim
thought that the winds on the farm had been ok for once. We've had quite
a bit of strong wind damage up here. Not in my yard-- we have small trees
and new landscaping, but all around the area. Several schools closed today.

I have to go see about Matrix tickets for this theater party for Patrick and
his
cohorts. And I have another sewing lesson.

Take care. I hope you get through the rest of the month without more damage.
My mother and father in law are flying in for a graduation this weekend.
That ought to guarantee bad weather up around Tulsa. Oh the University
Medieval
group up at Edmond took Cindy Renfrow and I out to eat on Friday night.
Tried to catch up with Greg Rose, Terry Nutter's husband, but he didn't attend

and the session was cancelled, so I still have to do that. I guess maybe I
will e-mail
the department and see if they can put me in touch with him.

Johnna