[Sca-cooks] Lemon Curd Help

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon May 12 19:50:47 PDT 2003

Possibly, but I haven't located a specific reference.  Markham (1615) does
give a recipe "To make fresh cheese," where he mixes rennet with fresh milk
and cream to make curds, drains them, then mixes the curds with egg yolk,
rosewater, salt, sugar and nutmeg (spiced curds?), a process very similar to
those for making fruit curds.

If you want to go for lemon preserves (marmalade), there are definitely
recipes for that.

Tell Finn I said howdy.

Bear