[Sca-cooks] quince apple

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu May 15 22:23:58 PDT 2003

Cindy commented:
> Thanks!  Quinces $0.69/lb at the fruit stand!
Wow. That is an incredibly good price. I thought quince season was back
around December and January and thus long over. Baron Akim got a great
buy on quince, although I don't remember it being this good, and made a
bunch of quince paste and brought it to Pennsic several years ago.
Wonderful stuff.
For those interested in more quince information and some period
recipes, see these files in the FOOD-FTUITS and the FOOD-SWEETS section
of the Florilegium:
fruit-quinces-msg (64K) 12/14/02    Period uses and recipes for quinces.
marmalades-msg    (60K)  5/17/02    Period marmalades and fruit jellies
and jams
Stefan
And what are you doing for the Florilegium Tile Project?
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com