[Sca-cooks] more on the... CAST IRON SKILLET

Heleen Greenwald heleen at ptdprolog.net
Sun May 18 16:52:21 PDT 2003

I don't think I am getting all my posts from this list. I never got Phlip's
original post on how to clean the skillet, but I see it in this post
answer...... thanks Philip.

Yes, Master A, you'd have to have a meat skillet and a separate dairy
skillet in a kosher home.

OK... Here is another question for y'all.....
I've heard that anything cooked in an iron skillet picks up the iron FROM
the skillet and so this would be a good source of iron.  Is this so?  This
is why I bought a cast iron skillet.

I am having health problems right now, one of them being anemia, so I
thought an iron skillet would help.  What do you think?

Phillipa