[Sca-cooks] Sekanjabin

Anne duBosc anne_du_bosc at yahoo.com
Wed May 21 17:19:11 PDT 2003

Elewyiss,

When is the competiton?  I'll be out there, hopefully, by the first of July, and I've made a LOT of sekanjabin.  I've been after the brewers here to make me some vinegar to use with it, to no success.  Seems they consider vinegar to be a failed attempt at wine making, and won't admit it when that cherished recipe comes out tasting a bit sharp...

Mordonna

david friedman <ddfr at daviddfriedman.com> wrote:
A ratl is a Roman pound; we have a discussion of units at the
beginning of the recipe section.

I certainly have no objection to your using the Miscellany as a
reference, although you might also want to cite the source the
Miscellany gets the recipe from. The list of sources is also at the
beginning of the cooking section. Whether the judges accept it is up
to them.

>Thank you. Now I have another question. OK 2. Your recipe for
>Sekanjabin says take a ratl of strong vinegar. What is a ratl? And
>when I enter my vinegar in competition I plan to make Sikanjabin out
>of it for the judges to taste. May I use your miscellany as a
>reference? (I am both asking permission and if the judges would
>accept it.)
>
>Elewyiss

Lady Anne du Bosc
Known as Mordonna The Cook