[Sca-cooks] pickled meat

david friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Wed May 21 09:54:00 PDT 2003

A ratl is a Roman pound; we have a discussion of units at the
beginning of the recipe section.

I certainly have no objection to your using the Miscellany as a
reference, although you might also want to cite the source the
Miscellany gets the recipe from. The list of sources is also at the
beginning of the cooking section. Whether the judges accept it is up
to them.