Feast stewart at the crossroads was Re: [SCA-cooks] Pulled sugar

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu May 22 11:18:21 PDT 2003

Funny, I would make one out of fish.  Hmm..gives a whole new concept to the
vision of stargazey pie...

BTW, having fought the battle of anti-fish folks in our cooks guild I
managed to convice them to let me do at least one stargazey pie for head
table at Garb Wars last weekend.  It could not have been more successful!  I
could not find fingerling fish so opted to use fillets which I cut to shape
then wrapped in bacon beginning at the "head" end and inserted a whole clove
as an eye.  There were rave reviews!  I shall never have to fight that fishy
battle again.  Yes.  I have a picture.  I have a few pictures of dishes from
the event and will post to my site hopefully this weekend.
Olwen