[Sca-cooks] RE: Feast steward at the crossroads

Sharon Gordon gordonse at one.net
Thu May 22 11:28:17 PDT 2003

Grrr Arg!  The barony pulled a switch on me, now the theme is Shakespeare.
BORRRING!  Done to death.

***I have no doubt that this group can help you make even an over done theme
creatively new again.

 There have been some other changes as well, budget
halved, etc.  I have no intention of doing a crap "feast".

***With the amount of time available before 12th night, one way around this
might be to get a large crew of garden volunteers growing as much as
possible of the feast food with as many people as possible growing multiple
kinds of food to lessen the impact of problems at any one location.  It
seems rather ludicrous to have fundraisers for a feast, but I suppose that
might work too.

Do I make some
enemies by telling the 12 night autocrat exactly what I think of it all, or
swallow my pride and make people wonder if I was sick or something, this
feast
isn't half what she used to be capable of?

***I wouldn't tell him/her exactly what you think...or at least not exactly
what you are thinking right now :-).  A smart alecky response crossed my
mind--that you could ask the autocrast if s/he had changed his/her mind
about a period food feast and were thinking more in terms of weanie roast
:-).  But I think you could have a serious discussion about the quality of
food at the original budget level vs the quality of food at the low budget
level.  It's also possible that the autocract has been wowed by your
previous culinary artistry, and thinks you can turn straw info saffron.

***But if worst comes to worst, and you do wind up with the halved budget,
we superfrugalists can go to work, and help figure out something worthy of
your talents.

Sharon
gordonse at one.net