Feast stewart at the crossroads was Re: [SCA-cooks] Pulled sugar

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu May 22 11:38:46 PDT 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

 I'm still working on my reputation here and I won't
> do some scaled-back snack when the event truly calls for a Meal Fit For A
King,
> literally.  I'm trying to figure out what to do;  I want to be a team
player but
> I won't let them force me to do a mediocre meal.  Or:  is my next
challenge to
> do a boffo, razzle-dazzle extravaganza on the halved budget?  Am I up to
this
> challenge?

Well, my suggestion is that along with a reputation for Doing Good Things
With Food, you develop a reputation for not being suckered by broken
promises and last minute changes.

> I've told my mother [translating terms like "autocrat" as "event
producer"] and
> she agrees with me.  That helps a little.
>
> Selene

What are mothers for, after all ;-)

Really, Selene, don't let them take advantage of you, on any but your own
terms.

(Momma) Phlip

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,