Feast stewart at the crossroads was Re: [SCA-cooks] Pulled sugar

Jonathan and Rebecca Barber barber at runbox.com
Thu May 22 17:21:19 PDT 2003

> Selene has already responded, but I felt a need to stand up for my lady
> and her reputation and skills.

My lord, I never intended to question her reputation or skills.  I was questioning that $10/head is "normal" for a feast and that anything less will create a "mediocre meal"/"scaled back snack".  You have perhaps been blessed with diners willing to pay $10/head but that isn't the case everywhere.

I think that she definitely needs to speak with the autocrat and COACH her/him as to how to properly work with the feast steward.  Removing herself from the picture will not help this autocrat learn to do a better job, nor will it provide the kingdom with a good meal.

High standards are an admirable things, but you can have high standards without a high price tag.  I have no problem believeing that your lady wife can produce a feast that meets those high standards regardless of the price tag attached.  Hopefully she will come to that conclusion as well.

Ru