Feast stewart at the crossroads was Re: [SCA-cooks] Pulled sugar

Generys ferch Ednuyed generys at blazemail.com
Thu May 22 17:28:24 PDT 2003

OK, so here's my question - why does it seem like the entire world is so
very allergic to paying a reasonable price for a meal? I mean, I have gotten
better food in the SCA for 8 or 12 dollars than I could EVER get at a
restaurant...and in the restaurant I'd pay 4-5 times that for the same meal.
(Think about it - when was the last time YOU had a 3 or 4 course dinner at a
restaurant?).  Not that I'm saying that all feasts should be 7 course
meals... but at the same time, why do SCAdians expect their feast cooks to,
as someone here said, spin straw into saffron? (that was a lovely turn of
phrase, however said that).

Generys