[Sca-cooks] Feast stewart at the crossroads

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri May 23 07:58:24 PDT 2003

>  I would still contend that you committed to do the feast and should do
> it, after an appropriately long conversation with the autocrat about why
>they made the changes and if they are willing to revisit them.  They
>might be, or they might have really good reasons for their changes.  But
>in my mind you committed to doing the feast, the number of people,
>dollars and theme are all fluid, at least until things are published.

I think that if someone agrees to do such a thing, where the numbers and
theme are fluid until the autocrat publishes them, they should live up to
that. But I think to make such a committment is... well, I think it would
be quicker and easier just to let someone hit you on the head repeatedly
with a wooden mallet.

I believe that the autocrat should have a certain amount of say at the
beginning of the process, and be allowed to re-negotiate with the feast
cook what the conditions are.

But having agreed on the conditions, neither the cook NOR the autocrat is
free to dictate changes without discussion.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Our whole American way of life is a great war of ideas, and librarians
are the arms dealers selling weapons to both sides." -- James Quinn