Feast stewart at the crossroads was Re: [SCA-cooks] Pulled sugar

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri May 23 19:20:23 PDT 2003

$10/head feast fees are fairly common in some parts of the Known World.
I don't know where you are, Ru, but here in my part of Artemisia, some
food costs can be quite high, even when one does one's best to shop
cheaply and well.
We aren't so much "blessed" with folks willing to pay some theoretically
extravagant sum, as we are "blessed" with higher costs and fewer
opportunities (smaller market area) to buy quality at low cost.
--maire

Jonathan and Rebecca Barber wrote:

 I was questioning that $10/head is "normal" for a feast and that
anything less will create a "mediocre meal"/"scaled back snack".  You
have perhaps been blessed with diners willing to pay $10/head but that
isn't the case everywhere.