[Sca-cooks] for the botanists-

Nambeanntan at aol.com Nambeanntan at aol.com
Mon May 26 10:52:12 PDT 2003

In a message dated 5/26/2003 2:06:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time, lcm at efn.org
writes:

> Ok, I've been looking up 'acacia', and 'mimosa' on-line. Some of the sites
> say they are the same, some of them say they are different. Some of tehm
> are very adamant one way or the other.
>
> I'm researching Poitou, and I have come across both names. So what is
> growing in Poitou? Either? Both?
>
> beating my head on the keyboard,
>
> 'Lainie

I'm not a botanist but I am a landscaper.  Acacia consist of about 1,000
species of evergreens growing in tropical and subtropical regions.  Many people
get these confused with the trees and shrubs commonly called acacia but those
belong to the group Robinia which is where the Mimosa belongs.
What were you looking for exactly?

Annan