[Sca-cooks] An Evil Thought- Excercise in Intelligence

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue May 27 06:07:13 PDT 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Also sprach Heleen Greenwald:
> >Ok Phlip,
> >It's 1:46 a.m. and I can't sleep.... not enough brain cells working....
can
> >you please explain what you're after? Sounds like it would be fun... but
I'm
> >clueless right now as to what you want.
> >signed, Phillipa the clueless!!
>
> I gather the idea is to find period justification for serving such a
> dish at an event.
>
> It's probably that Minds of Dubious Quality Think Alike.

<Snip>

> Sorry. Let me catch my breath a second here...
>
> Hoping this clarifies things...
>
> Adamantius

Actually, it doesn't, entirely, although you expressed a great deal of the
basis of my thinking.

What I'm thinking of is NOT coming up with a McD hamburger, but rather,
using the words as written, and coming up with something as far as possible
from a Big Mac.

For example- two all meat patties? What meat? And, is the translation
referring to a disk of ground meat of some sort, or a pate', with no added
cognac, spices, or whatever?

Obviously, Cecily's "translation" of tomatoes as cheese rather than some
unspecified vegetable must be tried.

And, that sesame seed bun- might that be a fried tahini paste?

In short, using the "documentation", how wild a concoction can we come up
with? And, how presented?

Phlip

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,