[Sca-cooks] An Evil Thought- Excercise in Intelligence

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri May 30 07:21:47 PDT 2003

Well...
Technically normal people can't sauce marzipan.  We have done it
successfully.  It is a careful combination and good timing.  For the
marzipan pizza we did (see here:
http://groups.msn.com/OlwensOddities/crowntourney2002.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=181
) we actually made an almondpaste/ shortbread crust, the sauce was mostly
made of Chirharts grape honey with a little jelly, some paste food colour
(brown I believe), and a bit of glyceryn.  The grease spots were made from
coloured glyceryn.  Actually, once marzipan sets up good and hard as a rock
then it takes a bit of time for the moisture to dissolve it.  It is best to
put together whatever sauce you are going to use, thicken it up, and let it
sit to solidify a bit.  Yup.  It can be done.  I am currently working on
perfecting ....well, you guys don't really want me to let the cat out of the
bag do you?
Olwen