[Sca-cooks] Portuguese cookbook online

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Fri May 30 20:38:04 PDT 2003

On 30 May 2003, at 23:00, David Tallan wrote:

> I haven't had a chance to look at it carefully yet. Has anyone determined if
> this is the same one that was translated for Cariadoc's collection or is it a
> "new" one?

It seems to be the same one.  Same recipes, in the same order.  However,
looking at the very first recipe, I can see that it was either mistranslated, or
taken from a different edition.  The Portuguese text says "caldo de limao ou
de agraco", which means juice of lemon or of unripe grapes (ie., verjus).  The
translation only mentions lemon juice.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net