[Sca-cooks] Orlaith's cake

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat May 31 22:55:32 PDT 2003

Maire said:
> --maire, who hopes someone will encourage Roxanne to join the
> SCA-laurels list, so she can pick her brain (I'm learning bobbin lace)
Perhaps these files in the TEXTILE ARTS section of the Florilegium
might be of use to you:
Bobbin-Lace-art   (18K) 10/ 4/01    "Making 16th Century Bobbin Lace" by
                                        Mistress Francesca la Curiosa.
Bobbin-L-art.pdf (182K) 10/ 4/01    "Making 16th Century Bobbin Lace" -
PDF fmt
lace-msg          (76K)  9/10/99    Making lace in period and SCA.
> OFC: I'm planting 4 half-barrels full of calendula.  Don't ya just love
> multi-useful plants? I can eat the flowers fresh, use them dried in
> herb
> mixtures, dye with the dried flowers, and also make salves....
Is this a period European plant?
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas