[Sca-cooks] Hazelnut a new world food?

Ruth Tannahill rtanhil at fast.net
Mon Nov 3 08:32:27 PST 2003

Regarding nuts, I'm prepared to wager hazelnuts in some species or another
are Old World.  I could well be mistaken (and often am), but I believe there
is reference to hazel trees in Celtic mythology. If you've got the tree,
you're going to have the nut.

Could this be a case of a food being available on both sides of the
Atlantic?

Berelinde